[whatwg] Popular Background Geolocation question on StackOverflow

Roger Hågensen rh_whatwg at skuldwyrm.no
Sat Mar 24 11:49:07 PDT 2018

On 2018-03-19 00:25, Richard Maher wrote:
> FYI This question on StackOverflow has now had over 1000 views: -
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44233409/background-geolocation-serviceworker-onmessage-event-order-when-web-app-regain
>
> Please explain why nothing is happening.
It has a accepted solution.

But one key issue is that browers throttle down or even pause inactive
windows/background tabs.
Partly blame digital currency mining for this, blame the rest on bad
programmers running full tilt when they don't need to and DDOS trojans
for the rest.

I haven't looked this up, but is there a way to ask the user for
permission to run as a background app without performance restrictions?
That is the only way I forsee this working across all browsers.

--
Unless specified otherwise, anything I write publicly is considered
Public Domain (CC0). My opinions are my own unless specified otherwise.