[HTML5] H Sivonens conformance checker says strange things

Keryx Web webmaster at keryx.se
Mon Feb 19 11:48:56 PST 2007

Hello again!

Just to see how much my current practices differ from (X)HTML 5 I did a
little test on my own page:

http://hsivonen.iki.fi/validator/html5/?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fkeryx.se

Some errors are understandable, but some are not:

Line 9: "Element base from namespace http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml not
allowed in this context." When is it allowed, if not in the head element?

Line 42: "Text not allowed here" and "Element a from namespace
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml not allowed in this context."

This is the faltering text:
         Du är här: keryx/startsidan.
         Sidans menysektion:<!-- kommer höras i talsyntes -->

A div may have text and inline content or block level elements, but not
both, according to the spec? Am I wrong or is H Sivonens validator broken?

Some more questions?

Accesskeys - Gone for good?

Javascript in <a href="javascript...."> (Yes I know it is bad practice.
I was lazy.) - Gone for good?

Many thanks!

Lars Gunther