[HTML5] The worst conformance checker error messages

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Thu Feb 22 06:19:25 PST 2007

Henri Sivonen wrote:
> This is a question to those who have tried
> http://hsivonen.iki.fi/validator/html5/
>
> what are the worst error messages you have faced?

The most annoying thing about the validator is that it doesn't show
fragments of the invalid code.  I have to find the line and column
number in the file before I can even figure out what the mistake is.
Error messages become less confusing when read in the context of the
specific section of code (though better messages always help).

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/