[HTML5] The worst conformance checker error messages

Kevin Newman CaptainN at unFocus.com
Tue Feb 27 07:45:49 PST 2007

Henri Sivonen wrote:
> Thanks to those who replied.
>
> I am positively surprised that the complaints did not involve the
> substance of messages emitted by RELAX NG validation engine at all.
> This means that the problems are fixable without hacking the
> validation engine, which in nice.

The only problem I've had with it is the vague error descriptions. For
example, it says I can't use div tags in a lot of places, and provides a
link to the top of some xhtml standards spec document, but doesn't
actually explain why I can't use a div there (inside an li element for
example). It'd be great if it could just tell you why something should
not be used in a certain context. It would make the tool double as a
kind of an HTML5 educational tool.

Thanks,

Kevin N.