[HTML5] [html] Elements within "title"?

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Tue Feb 27 09:47:55 PST 2007

On Tue Feb 27, 2007 at 09:54:15AM +0100, Jens Meiert wrote:
> Dear HTML Working Group(s),
>

> I once again [1] need to ask why the "title" element must not contain other elements, although this might be quite desirable for certain elements (like "abbr", for example)?

i doubt most, if any user-agents can fully render HTML in their title-bars anyways, if youre talking about <title> in <head>

as for <title> elements within the <body>, i definitely use HTML within them, but put the un-marked-up version of the (typically http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/title) data in the content field of the tag in compliance with RDFa for easier parsing and edit-roundtripping..