[HTML5] [html] Elements within "title"?

Jens Meiert jens.meiert at erde3.com
Thu Mar 1 02:53:05 PST 2007

> From my experience, the title is normally rendered in places that
> have very limited constraints. Does the <title> element really need
> to be styled?

It's not about styling - and this element most likely doesn't need to be styled at all - but rather about marking up what we mark up everywhere else in documents.

So does it really make sense to correctly mark up abbreviations in documents except in one of their probably most important elements? Likely there are historical reasons, certainly there are compatibility issues, but surely that is inconsistent anyway.

> I think it was a valid suggestion and a good discussion, but I don't
> see any positive effects from an actual implementation of this.

Maybe this change would only make the spec more consistent and all of us slightly happier, but it won't be "cheap", presumably ...

--
Jens Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/