[html5] Points in a <CANVAS> element

John S. Urban urbanjost at comcast.net
Fri Feb 1 17:37:07 PST 2008

More simply put, points are an essential graphic element. A<CANVAS> element
apparently provides no support for them.
even a CALCOMP graphics library from thirty years ago provided a way to
generate points. If the obvious
ways to support them (ie a separate procedure such as Point(x,y) or the
rendering of a point when a polyline of
zero length is encountered) do not exist then how is a point supposed to be
generated?  There is beauty in simplicity, but
this is a lack of basic functionality. Many people will be forced to kludge
their codes to change a null line to a
line of 1 unit in length, or to filter for lines of zero length and draw a
circle and so on.  So what is the supported method
for generating points? A simple example would be most helpful.