[html5] a question about high-definition

caoyipeng caoyp at cn.fujitsu.com
Sun Apr 19 22:21:37 PDT 2009

there is a description at canvas in html5 :"On high-definition displays, for
instance, the user agent may internally use a bitmap with two device pixels
per unit in the coordinate space, so that the rendering remains at high
quality throughout."

Why a bitmap with two device pixels per unit is high-definition displays? I
think it is a low-definition displays.for example:there is a picture on the
screen and the resolution is 1600*1200,and then we change the resolution as
800*600,we will find that the picture will be larger,because when the
resolution is 1600*1200,we supposed the picture is a device pixel per
unit;when change the resolution as 800*600,the picture is two device pixels
per unit,so the picture will be larger,but the picture is in a low
resolution,so i think a bitmap with two device pixels per unit is
low-definition displays..

2009-04-14

  _____

Regards
Liu Ting
A new email address of FJWAN is launched from Apr.1 2007.
The updated address is: liuting at cn.fujitsu.com
<mailto:liuting at cn.fujitsu.com>
Liu Ting
Development Dept.I
Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
8/F., Civil Defense Building, No.189 Guangzhou Road,
Nanjing, 210029, China
TEL: +86+25-86630566-812
COINS: 79955-812
FAX: +86+25-83317685
MAIL: liuting at cn.fujitsu.com <mailto:liuting at cn.fujitsu.com>
This communication is for use by the intended recipient(s) only and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not an intended recipient of
this communication, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying hereof is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify me by reply e-mail, permanently
delete this communication from your system, and destroy any hard copies you
may have printed