[html5] some questiones about the poster frame

caoyipeng caoyp at cn.fujitsu.com
Thu Apr 23 19:34:27 PDT 2009

In the spec of html5. 4.8.11.1.4

 "When the
<http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/the-canvas-element.html#dom-context-2d-createpat
tern#dom-context-2d-createpattern> createPattern() method is passed, as its
image argument, an animated image, the poster frame of the animation."

 How can we get a poster frame of an image? I check the format of gif, but I
have found nothing related to the poster frame.

 Is the poster frame has nothing to do with the image file itself? Just a
other image represent to the animated image?

Regards
C.Y.P.

Cao Yipeng
Development Dept.I
Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
8/F., Civil Defense Building, No.189 Guangzhou Road ,
Nanjing , 210029, China
TEL: +86+25-86630566-817
COINS: 79955-817
FAX: +86+25-83317685