[html5] Author of a quote - how to mark up?

Jacob Kristensen - (BlueBoden) admin at blueboden.com
Thu Aug 13 11:06:37 PDT 2009

How would you tell a screen reader that "this is empersized" without them?
They don't know what you mean when using span.

Now that they are there, we might as well use them correctly, to the extend
possible. And at this point i don't care how search engines view them, the
point would be to improve the experiance for people using screen readers,
not to rank well in the serps.