[html5] Validation Errors on Figures and Details

Jordan Robert Dobson Jordan.dobson at madebysquad.com
Thu Dec 17 17:11:35 PST 2009

I found an interesting error or what I expect to be an error in the
validator. I just wanted to confirm this seems right to you guys and I
am understanding this correctly.

I am using this validator:

  http://validator.whatwg.org/

I am trying to validate this markup:

  http://jordandobson.com/html5/player.html

For some reason I am getting the following error (and other similar
errors) when trying to validate:

  Error: Element dt not allowed as child of element figure in this context.
  From line 102, column 11; to line 102, column 14
              <dt>Legend
    Contexts in which element dt may be used:
        Before dd or dt elements inside dl elements.
        In a figure element containing no other dt element children.
        As the first child of a details element.
    Content model for element figure:
        In any order, one dd element, and optionally one dt element.

Here's a link to my validator output: http://bit.ly/html5-figure-bug

--
Jordan Dobson
Owner + Director