[html5] Validation Errors on Figures and Details

Jordan Robert Dobson Jordan.dobson at madebysquad.com
Fri Dec 18 13:18:35 PST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 2:12 AM, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Dec 18, 2009, at 03:11, Jordan Robert Dobson wrote:
>
>> For some reason I am getting the following error (and other similar
>> errors) when trying to validate:
>>
>>  Error: Element dt not allowed as child of element figure in this context.
>>  From line 102, column 11; to line 102, column 14
>>              <dt>Legend
>>    Contexts in which element dt may be used:
>>        Before dd or dt elements inside dl elements.
>>        In a figure element containing no other dt element children.
>>        As the first child of a details element.
>>    Content model for element figure:
>>        In any order, one dd element, and optionally one dt element.
>
> The validator is out of sync with the spec, because dt/dd is controversial, so it seemed like a good idea to wait a bit to see if the spec stays the way it is now.

At what point do you expect the validator to be updated? Isn't the
spec nearly complete?

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. It was just confusing how it was
linking to the spec saying it was invalid but the spec said I was
good. Perhaps a warning, stating that the spec may change, would be
better at this point?