[html5] pre, contentEditable and newline characters

Samer Ziadeh samerziadeh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 14:59:08 PST 2009

Those browsers are indeed breaking the rule, the "pre" element is meant to
be preformatted text, so any newline should be handled with a newline
character instead of a <br> "...by typographic conventions rather than by
elements."

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 09:01, Andre "Osku" Schmidt <
andre.osku.schmidt at osku.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 14:51 +0100, Andre "Osku" Schmidt wrote:
> > opera
> > -----
> > before enter key:
> > hello
> > world
> >
> > don't ask me what char that is after "hello" i copy and pasted it from
> > the alert window...
>
> yeah, some conversions here and there, and the character is gone. there
> was an unknown char 000D when i pasted it in my mail client, oh well...

Samer Ziadeh
www.samerziadeh.com

"Let It Be"