[html5] HTML5 Drag and Drop (DnD) - Selective Dropping

Jason Gross jasongross9+html5 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 16:27:38 PDT 2010

Hi,
I'm trying to make a web page with multiple draggables and multiple drop
locations.  I want to be able to specify which of the draggable elements can
be dropped on which other elements.  I think what I want to do is cancel the
dragenter event when the element being dragged is not permitted to be
dropped on the target.  How can I figure out what element is being dragged
from within the dragenter event?  (Is there any better way than storing it
in a global variable?)
Thanks.

Sincerely,
Jason Gross