[html5] link fails validation - SOLVED

designer designer at gwelanmor-internet.co.uk
Sun Jan 17 01:53:24 PST 2010

I've just discovered that it's fine when it's uploaded, but when I preview
it if FF3.5.7 locally, then 'view source', the line which fails the
validation has changed from

<link href="standard.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

 to:

 <link rel="stylesheet" title="Disabled for Preview-in-Browser:
standard.css" type="text/css" >

This isn't what it says in my markup, and it doesn't say that if I upload
it!

However, it appears that it's Dreamweaver CS4 that's doing it. If you use
'preview using temp file' it changes that line - otherwise it's fine. DW
never used  to do that, which is why it confused me!

Mmm.

Bob