[html5] Proposal for a hair width/line property when using <canvas> tag

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Mar 11 17:06:55 PST 2010

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Shaun Morris wrote:

> I am working for a company who is currently trying to reproduce
> engineering drawings made in AutoCad within the canvas tag as a way to
> step away from the legacy way of doing it using Java and being stuck in
> IE.
>
> These drawings like many engineering drawings or mapping applications
> have to be scaled considerably and the current problem is that after
> scaling a line with a lineWidth of 1 after being scaled 5x's has a
> lineWidth of 5.

Yeah, currently this requires only using square zooms (not different x and
y scaling factors) and "un"zooming the lineWidth accordingly.

I've noted this idea for addition to <canvas> at a future date. I haven't
added it yet, since browser vendors haven't caught up with what we _have_
added yet! We don't want to get too far ahead of them.