[html5] page element?

designer designer at gwelanmor-internet.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 02:57:15 PDT 2010

Sorry for the confusing formatting of my code example.  For a clearer
example, see [1]  where I've used <page> as a created element.

The page element would replace the various manifestations of <div
id="wrapper"> .

will be replaced by <nav> etc etc, it seems to me that <page> ought to be
available too.

It isn't <body>, because that's where the page background etc is/can be
defined.  The <body> is (usually) the surface on which the <page> is seen.
It isn't a <section> either, because the page is the 'whole' of it, not a
part.

As Simon said, we all define it as a div, currently. I think that page (or
wrapper, if you prefer)is more semantic and would provide a standard
structural element to go side by side with the other new elements.

Does this make it clearer?

Anyone?

Bob

[1] http://www.betasite.fsnet.co.uk/gam/altgam/gwelanmor.html