[html5] New attribute for SELECT element

Antonio Aristides Mochi Junior antoniomochi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 08:41:24 PST 2010

Hi.

Is just me, or anyone miss an attribute for SELECT elemento to allow a
"free write" on element, just like a suggestion box.

Today the SELECT can be used to pick just elements provides by OPTIONS
embedded in.

If I want, for example, a combo box with names of some colors and
allow user to select one of then or type a new one, I have to use an
INPUT (type=text) and a hidden SELECT.

A new attribute for SELECT, for examplo named "editable", makes the
entry of this element editable like INPUT. The value returned on form
request would be the text of element, not de VALUE attribute of
selected OPTION.

(P.S. Sorry about my english, it's not good enough.)