[html5] <nav> for external links?

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 12:02:05 PDT 2011

One word...

WOW!

Thanks so much for the help Jacob and Jukka!!!! You folks have been
very informative and helpful. I really appreciate it. :)

I am going to mull over this information and make a decision from
there... I might be back with more questions.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Jukka K. Korpela
<jukka.k.korpela at kolumbus.fi> wrote:
> I was lost here... what was the 2nd party? And why would the template have
> navigation that takes users from one site to another? I could imagine a

Doh, sorry for the confusion.

I work at a newspaper... "3rd party" is a term we use for companies
that we pay for use of their news "content".

In this case, we are paying the Associated Press for news content
(print and online), and one of the things they provide is digital news
content (headlines and summary text) that we can put on our site; when
a user clicks a headline, they get taken to the AP's
server/host/domain name (I don't think we can setup a CNAME in this
case).

For example:

//mysite.com

... list of headlines that link to:

//hosted2.ap.org/news-article

We call the AP site a "3rd party" (it has our branding). I guess the
thinking is that the web viewer is the 1st party, we are the 2nd party
and the AP is the 3rd party. :D

Because the AP URI is not "mysite.com", we have to use absolute links
to get users back to our main site.

I hope that makes sense?

Well, I am going to think over all the information ya'll have
provided. I can't thank you folks enough for being so helpful. :)

Have a great day!

Cheers,
Micky