[html5] <article> for ecommerce product?

Richard Summers Richard.Summers at bbc.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 02:47:41 PDT 2011

Hi Yukka,

I agree with your assertion that the nesting of <article> tags does not feel
like the best way to deal with user-submitted content (comments in response
to an article).

I feel that a <response>, or <comment> element would provide valuable
distinction between the original article, and the user-submitted responses.

At the BBC, we do not currently display user-submitted comments to News
article's as nested elements of the main Article container, they appear
further down the page structure. I understand this goes against the
principal of semantic nesting, but it isn't so different from un-nested form
<response to="article_name"> relationship could be considered?

In the context of a syndication harvester, we would want to make a solid
distinction between the reporter/journalist created Article, and the
public/user created Comments - as there may be legal issue's around
syndication of public/user created Comments.

Rich

--
Rich Summers
Senior Client Side Developer