[html5] Template questions...

Jacob Kristensen admin at blueboden.com
Mon May 16 13:09:37 PDT 2011

Multiple h1s on a page will generally NOT harm a site's placement. Unless
really doing strange things, (I'dd say, like replacing strong and em with h1
elements).
Matt cutts also talked about this on GoogleWebmasterHelp's youtube channel,
he said something insane like, "unless your entire page is h1."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIn5qJKU8VM - More then one h1, good or bad?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR5itZlq8sk - Does the ordering of heading
tags matter?

You could also ask yourselves this: "How long do i/we expect this
website/design to run for?"
A lot of sites don't really change for a long time. However, search engines
and browsers change constantly.

Don't develop your site for the search engines, focus on what works the best
for your site/app, and what is likely to work in the future.

Jacob Kristensen
http://blueboden.com/