[html5] Seamless sandboxed iframes and YouTube

Keryx Web webmaster at keryx.se
Thu Apr 26 10:30:34 PDT 2012

Hi

I seems that stackoverflow was not the place[1] to get an answer to this:

1. YouTube embedding is done using iframes nowadays.

2. HTML5 introduces the seamless attribute, that not only should affect
presentation, but make the integration with the host page tighter. (It
should not be announced to screen readers as a separate document.)

3.HTML5 introduces the sandbox attribute, that restricts the iframe and
thus improves security.

In a world where browser support for these 2 attributes is complete,
will they benefit or in any way adversely affect the page, when
embedding YouTube videos? (Yes, the last half of the question is
primarily about seamless.)

I am thinking about recommending my students to always use these 2
attributes for YouTube videos and benefit automatically as browser
support becomes available.

Notes

1.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10324159/is-there-any-point-in-using-the-seamless-and-or-sandbox-attribute-for-youtube-if