[html5] app manifest & 404/500 pages

Rik Sagar org.whatwg at sagar.org
Mon Feb 13 17:35:43 PST 2012

Hi Ian,

I'm don't see the "rarely offline" notion as a good argument for the
behavior described.  IMHO if a server is responding with an error it's not
appropriate for the client to interpret that as "I'm offline".

I also don't think the captive portal argument is valid.  If I hit a
captive portal I don't get an error, I get a splash page with a login
button.  I'm not sure if I get a 3xx page first, I imagine I should.  And
in that case, I really need to see that page (rather than cached copy of
the real site).  Otherwise how will I accept the portals TOS and get
connected to the Internet?

Rik.

Rik Sagar, San Jose, CA 95124
Visit : http://sagar.org/