[html5] button: why is image not centred vertically?

Nicholas Stephan nicholas.stephan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 10:57:56 PST 2012

Buttons (along with checkboxes, select element, etc...) are styled by the
browser, and every browser is different.

Removing that default styling with:

-webkit-appearance:none;
-moz-appearance:none;
-o-appearance:none;
-ms-appearance:none;
appearance:none;

will get you an ugly looking grey box. But you can then style it with CSS
that makes sense and still get the functionality of a button.