[html5] validator.nu Web GUI -- How to validate against XHTML5?

Michael[tm] Smith mike at w3.org
Mon Nov 5 15:42:44 PST 2012

jama <jamappi at gmail.com>, 2012-11-05 22:38 +0100:

> On 05.11.2012 22:26, Michael[tm] Smith wrote:
> >Yeah as I mentioned in my other reply I think the only way you'll be able
> >to do what it sounds like you want to do is by checking the "Be lax about
> >HTTP Content-Type" option and choosing the XML option from the Parser
> >select and also the XHTML5 option from the Preset select.
>
> Mike, I'll ask differently: How do I have to modify the html file so that
> XHTML5 will be detected automatically?

Ah -- please try renaming the filename with a .xhtml extension instead of .html

> Also, I did what you said (see [1]) and I got the same info boxes about
> HTML5 again... Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
>
> [1] http://i.imgur.com/iUTc3.png

You weren't doing anything wrong -- I think it's just that the heuristic
the validator uses determining the MIME type for file uploads is that is
assumes text/html unless the file extension is .xhtml or .xhtm. Sorry for
not remembering that before now.

  --Mike