[html5] validator.nu Web GUI -- How to validate against XHTML5?

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Tue Nov 6 06:13:27 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:42 AM, jama <jamappi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried http://validator.nu/ now and I'm getting a very strange error there
> too. I checked two *identical* files against the XHTML5 preset. The only
> difference is that one file I named .html and the other .xhtml. The .xhtml
> one would validate just as expected, but the .html one would give me this
> error:
>
> IO Error: Non-XML Content-Type: text/html.
>
> Are you sure that the validator at http://validator.nu/ works as intended?

It is working as intended. The input to the validator is a
Content-Type header and a stream of bytes. In the case of file upload,
there is no real Content-Type header, so it is synthesized from the
filename extension. The rest of the validator works as if there was
Content-Type header.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi