[html5] Could HTML5 apps replace Desktop apps?

Victor Martínez martinezsantiagovictor at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 16:43:19 PDT 2012

Hey all!,

Lately I've been seeing a lot of hype (from Google and Mozilla mostly)
about how powerful HTML5 apps are getting, and I can certainly attest to
that. HTML5 apps are really gaining a lot of leverage. I currently use
Google Drive (formally Docs) for a lot of my school work, and I can say
it's pretty powerful. So I can really see a lot of web apps taking over the
Desktop apps. I see a lot advantages to doing this. What do you guys think?
Could web apps, the cloud, take over? Is the take over already here?

Victor.