[html5] W3C doc links? Shortcut urls?

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 00:32:11 PDT 2013

I hope this is an OK question to ask on this list.

I'm writing some code and I want to document some HTML5 parts in the comments.

I'm using this URL:

<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html>

... and then appending the anchor for the section I want to link to.
For example:

<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#week-state-(type=week)>

The above re-directs to:

<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/Overview.html#week-state-(type=week)>

Basically, I'm wondering if there's a shortcut link that will get me
to the same endpoint?

Do you folks have any recommendations on the best way to link to HTML5
docs (be it W3C or another resource)? Do any of these resources/docs
have short URLs that resolve to the longer url? Also, it would be nice
to know that a link will have a long lifespan. :)

Thanks!