[html5] W3C doc links? Shortcut urls?

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Fri Aug 9 13:03:47 PDT 2013

On Fri, 9 Aug 2013, Micky Hulse wrote:

> I hope this is an OK question to ask on this list.
>
> I'm writing some code and I want to document some HTML5 parts in the
> comments.
>
> I'm using this URL:
>
> <http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html>
>
> ... and then appending the anchor for the section I want to link to. For
> example:
>
> <http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#week-state-(type=week)>
>
> The above re-directs to:
>
> <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/Overview.html#week-state-(type=week)>
>
> Basically, I'm wondering if there's a shortcut link that will get me to
> the same endpoint?

   http://whatwg.org/html/#week-state-(type=week)

That will do a redirect (partly JavaScript-mediated) to the right section.

If you want it even shorter:

   http://whatwg.org/C#week-state-(type=week)

...or (that's a c-cedilla, "alt+c" on en-US Mac):

   http://ç.whatwg.org#week-state-(type=week)

If you want the single-page version instead of the multipage version:

   http://whatwg.org/c#week-state-(type=week)

...or:

   http://c.whatwg.org#week-state-(type=week)

HTH,