[html5] HTML5 canvas.toDataURL suggestions

Thomas Wrobel darkflame at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 04:48:40 PDT 2013

8bit color indexed PNG with optional full alpha would be nice.
You can get significant size, and thus bandwidth, savings with it. Very few
offline apps do this, so you need to go via a separate program like;
http://pngquant.org/
To get your png filesize down before uploading.
As most of the current png use on the web has been done without this
option, a lot of them are 30% or so bigger then they need to be.
It would be nice if online painting programs started off on the right foot
and in the long term as they are used more, this could save everyone some
bandwidth.

~~~
Thomas & Bertines online review show:
http://randomreviewshow.com/index.html
Try it! You might even feel ambivalent about it :)