[html5] Validator.ru meta charset

Corin Blaikie Corin.Blaikie at fnz.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 13:31:31 PST 2013

I've installed validator.ru on a unbuntu box using the instructions located at http://about.validator.nu/#src

When I validate a html5 document (via the text input option) with the meta tag and charset attribute I get an error:
Error: Bad value utf-8 for attribute charset on element meta: utf-8 is not a valid character encoding name.

However this doesn't occur when doing the same validation via validator.nu.

Has anyone had the same issue running validator.ru locally?

Thanks

Sample document:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title></title>
</head>

FNZ is the trading name of FNZ (UK) Ltd which is registered in
England and Wales (05435760) 20-22 Bedford Row, London,
WC1R 4JS

FNZ (UK) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial
Services Authority (438687)

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are intended for
the attention of the addressee only. If this e-mail has been sent
to you in error, kindly notify us immediately by telephone or
return e-mail and delete your copy. You should not copy the e-mail
or use it for any purpose to disclose its content to any other
person.