[html5] Validator is incorrectly detecting that the page encoding is utf-8 when it is actually iso-8859-1
brett.ryan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 18:12:18 PDT 2013
I've just switched from the firefox addon (https://github.com/rogerjohansson/html5validator) to the firefox web developer tools (http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/) and switched it's validator to my local server.
Now I have confirmed that the validation is successful.
It seems for some reason that the firefox plugin is changing the encoding of the page to utf-8 before passing to the validator service and thus giving me a false error.
I am very sorry for all of the trouble but you guys have helped me a great deal.
I've raised this bug: https://github.com/rogerjohansson/html5validator/issues/10
Just an asside, the interface does itself actually have a validation error:
Bad value “http:///html5/” for attribute “href” on element “a”: This is only on the local instance.
More information about the Help