[html5] main element

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Wed Dec 17 10:49:56 PST 2014

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014, Veli Senol wrote:

> the description of the main element in WHATWG differs so much from the
> reccomondation of html5 at w3 that we could say they are contrary.
>
> Which should we follow?

Well, you e-mailed the WHATWG list, so I guess the answer should be "the
WHATWG spec". :-) I suspect the W3C would disagree, of course.

On the other hand, the W3C spec is over a year old at this point
(according to the W3C's spec's history section, they forked from the
WHATWG version around August 2013). It has many known issues that haven't
been resolved, but that are fixed in the WHATWG version. So I would
recommend ignoring it in general, unrelated to the <main> element
definition differences.

HTH,