[html5] table with fixed headers

Larry Martell larry.martell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 04:00:48 PDT 2014

I am trying to implement a table with fixed headers using the concepts
from this page:

http://www.imaputz.com/cssStuff/bigFourVersion.html#

When I implemented the CSS from that page, my table columns are not
aligned with the table headers.

http://jsfiddle.net/softvar/yL84C/

I was able to 'fix' this by explicitly setting the cell size:

http://jsfiddle.net/cFr38/

But that doesn't really work well for my app as I have 10 different
tables the user can display, and they each have 25-35 columns, and I
do not necessarily know in advance how wide the data will be.
Currently, without the fixed headers, I do not specify the column
width and they are automatically sized. Is there any way to get fixed
headers without explicitly setting the width of the table cells?