[html5] table with fixed headers

Larry Martell larry.martell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 05:38:09 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 6:39 AM, Martin Gainty <mgainty at hotmail.com> wrote:
> For FF diehards ( i cannot live without firebug)

I much prefer the debugger in Chrome.

> like myself ..sadly this
> wont work
> Im trying to convince larry that attributes which are increased/attenuated
> attributes have to be set by an uber-entity (e.g. Struts/JQuery or JSF/JSP)
> before the response is generated..

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. When did you try
to convience me of anything?

> there is no other way if you want to use
> FF (which i do!)
>
> Many Thanks to Gary for the css bits on scrolling tbody..this is a most
> helpful contribution!
>
> Does anyone else have HTML/CSS/JS contribution for dynamically sized
> attributes (before larry dusts off the checkbook)?

I already did. The UltimateScrollingTable package I mentioned worked
perfectly, but it broke the sorttable.js package we use. I was trying
to integrate them, and was very close, but I was way behind schedule
on this task and had 25 others coming down the tracks like a freight
train. The author of UltimateScrollingTable was being very helpful,
answering my questions, but finally he said he'd just do it himself
for $100. I took him up on his offer, which I thought was a bargain as
I billed my client 10x that. It took him the better part of an entire
day - not a very good hourly rate in my book. But now the 2 packages
play very nicely together and I've moved on to the issue.

Thanks to all here who offered help and suggestions.