[html5] Using <section> and <h1> ? Theoretical?

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 13:57:07 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 June 2014 20:02, <help-request at lists.whatwg.org> wrote:
>> Re: Using <section> and <h1> ? Theoretical?
>> Where can I reference browser support for outline algorithm
> this wiki page provides support info for popular browsers and AT:
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Usage/Headings/h1only
> It also has links to the outline support bugs open for major browsers

Thanks for link Steve.

I'd be curious to know how search engine bots handle things. Seems
like Google's crawler would handle the "h1 only" because they seem to
be on the cutting edge in terms of web trends like html5.

Not only that, but doesn't Google help to develop HTML5 micro data?

<http://schema.org/>

"Major search engine operators like Google, Microsoft and Yahoo! rely
on this markup to improve search results."
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microdata_%28HTML%29>

I wonder if a developer could impliment a combination of ARIA roles
and HTML5 micro data and still use the "h1 only" approach for building
HTML5 documents? Seems like that could be the best of all worlds? No?
Am I dreaming? :D

--
<git.io/micky>