[html5] using colspan with nested html tables

Bill Barron Bill.Barron at GuideStone.org
Wed May 7 15:44:05 PDT 2014

At StackOverflow, Larry specified that the requirement for nested tables stems from the table sorting code he is using, not from the need to style the table in novel ways with CSS.

I would recommend formatting the tables using W3C standard tags including thead, tbody, caption, colgroup and col. Then I would reevaluate the table-sorting code I am using. Consider something that sorts rows within the <tbody> tag when th elements in very last row within <thead> element are clicked.

This communication and any attached files may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If this communication has been received in error, please delete or destroy it immediately. Please go to www.GuideStone.org/EmailDisclaimers for important information and further disclaimers pertaining to this transmission.