[html5] Using <section> and <h1> … Theoretical?

Jacob Kristensen admin at blueboden.com
Fri May 9 05:10:49 PDT 2014

Quickly addressing this, and to keep it short..

> Thoughts? Should I consider crafting my documents more like I did in
> HTML4 (for the sake of SEO and screen readers)???
Using the new sectioning elements (including the use of h1 exclusively),
does not effect SEO in my experience. Variables such as Page Authority
and pagerank carry much more weight than markup – its a surprise to see
what some top sites get away with!

It can be good to watch a few of Matt Cutt's videos on YouTube, he works
at Google, and has cleared up a lot of markup questions.

I think a lot of misconceptions can be avoided simply by referring to
the standard as HTML, rather than HTML5..

I can't say i personally care about screen readers, and besides, many of
these accessibility evangelists tend to be a bit extreme in their views.

Jacob Kristensen – http://blueboden.com/