[html5] Using <section> and <h1> ? Theoretical?

Chris Rockwell chris at chrisrockwell.com
Wed May 14 10:18:09 PDT 2014

(failed to reply-all)

> That's sort of my point. The W3C are denigrating the html5 whatwg outline
> model (<h1> in nested sections) because the outline is a fiction. But what
> do authors lose by using that, instead of <h2-6>?

You as the author may not lose anything; from an authoring perspective you
might gain readability of your markup, albeit only to other developers.
 The point of the warning, as I see it, is to advise the author that if
his/her intention is to be more accessible by using multiple <h1>'s, their
efforts will not only be in vain as no UA's have implemented it (and some
conversations infer they have no intention of doing so), but they could
further confuse agents that have users depending on the accuracy of the
outline.  I fail to see what is unfair about that warning.

Chris Rockwell