[html5] Using <section> and <h1> ? Theoretical?

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 15 14:28:41 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Andrew J Roazen <Andrew.Roazen at nau.edu> wrote:
> ... snip ...
> Let's compromise. <section data-headerstart="3"> could inform a syndicator
> that outside the flow of the containing document, <h3> is functionally the
> top-level header, <h4> is <h2>, etc. This puts metadata where it belongs,
> and leaves authoring the rest of the document without problems.

Interesting idea. I think I get it.

If I understand correctly, it kinda (maybe just a little bit) reminds
me of how I handle the styling of headings using CSS class names (in
an HTML5 <section>/<h1>,<h2>, etc. context):

<h1 class="h6">This is an H1 that's styled like an H6</h1>

The style for that would read (for example):

h6, .h6 { font-size: 115%; line-height: 1.2; }

Details here:

"Why use .h1 instead of actual h1?"
<http://stackoverflow.com/a/19166926/922323>

Though, I may have to update that answer to note some of the points
we've discussed here.

--
<git.io/micky>