[html5] document.lastModified clarification

Jukka K. Korpela jukka.k.korpela at kolumbus.fi
Wed Sep 3 23:39:11 PDT 2014

2014-09-04 2:08, Ian Hickson write:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2014, Ken Koski wrote:

[...]
>> It appears that Firefox uses the first meaning and Chrome uses the
>> latter meaning.
> Interesting. I encourage you to file a bug with Firefox, if this is indeed
> the case.

I made a trivial test with
http://www.cs.tut.fi/cgi-bin/run/~jkorpela/lastm.cgi
that gets a server response without a Last-Modified header, then shows
document.lastModified twice, with about two second pause in between.
This confirms Ken's observation: Firefox shows the same value,
apparently the time of page load. Chrome and IE apparently show the new
Date() values.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/