[html5] Suggestion to close this list

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Wed Aug 23 10:17:09 PDT 2017

> On 23 Aug 2017, at 18:04, Brian Tremblay <webmaster at tsmchughs.com <mailto:webmaster at tsmchughs.com>> wrote:

>> Since the traffic on this list is extremely low and there's a bit of
>> work involved in keeping it running I suggest we discontinue it in
>> favor of Stack Overflow, which has provided a reasonable forum for
>> folks to ask questions about WHATWG standards in a way that's much
>> better indexed and searchable.
>
> What is the address? (Or is it just the general Stack Overflow site?)

I always liked the "official" nature of this list.

Is there any chance of an official slack Channel we could join instead?

Stack Overflow can get pretty noisy with no clear and definitive stance sometimes:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/html5 <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/html5>

Or are the leading lights of WHATWG lurking on Stack Overflow ready to explain the official stance on a specific standard when needed?

I sometimes worry that traffic has fallen away as new web developers don't really care about standards!

:o)