[html5] Validator.nu’s (X)HTML5 Validator does not validate XHTML5

darxus at chaosreigns.com darxus at chaosreigns.com
Mon Aug 28 08:57:43 PDT 2017

When I choose either of the XML options, it changes the text field to:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <!DOCTYPE html>
  <

And says:

  Fatal Error: Illegal processing instruction target (found xml)
  At line 2, column 5
  ↩<?xml version="1.0"

For testing, I copied and pasted the source of my home page:
http://www.chaosreigns.com/
Which has had a link at the bottom to verify its XHTML5 via validator.nu
for 8 years - which still works:
https://html5.validator.nu/?doc=http://www.chaosreigns.com/