[html5] Suggestion to close this list

Brian Tremblay webmaster at tsmchughs.com
Mon Aug 28 13:23:36 PDT 2017

> Since the traffic on this list is extremely low and there's a bit of
> work involved in keeping it running I suggest we discontinue it in
> favor of Stack Overflow
>
> Any objections?

I like (or used to like) mailing lists. I like this one less after the
recent spate of utterly clueless "unsubscribe" messages sent to the
list, instead of the unsubscribe address. My favorite so far is this one:

On 8/24/17 2:36 AM, Paulotuatail at aol.com wrote:
 > Are you [#$#**#@!*] thick? READ my email.

Nice. Clueless *and* rude. Of course it's an html email; of course it
has has a graphic for his signature; of course it's an aol address.

Admittedly, the list message headers are wrong, but still, it took me
about 30 seconds to find the correct unsubscribe address.

Maybe it's time to let mailing lists go the way of usenet and dodo birds.

/sigh

--
Brian Tremblay