[Imps] Test cases for parsing spec

Sam Ruby rubys at intertwingly.net
Wed Dec 6 10:06:59 PST 2006

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> That being said, if Ian (or somebody) can come up with a small seed of
>> test cases, I will try to convert them into a usable form and see if I
>> can get html5lib working with it.
>
> I have a bunch of tests here, I just need a format to output the tests
> into. It would take me a few minutes at most, once someone has defined
> the exact format for the tests. They're not currently in a usable form
> (outside Google, anyway).

Negotiable.  What I work with now is:

Line 1: "<!--"
Line 2: "Description: [1]"
Line 3: "Expect:      [2]"
Line 4: "-->"
Line 5+: HTML

where [1] is human readable, and [2] is computer readable.  [2] will
likely need to be adapted anyway, so don't worry too much.  Something
language neutral or xpath-ish would be ideal.

Example:

<!--
Expect:      html/body/a[@title="foo"]
-->