[Imps] Percentages of HTML tags with a given number of attributes

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Fri Jul 6 01:23:15 PDT 2007

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Has anyone researched what percentage of HTML tags out there has <= 1
> attributes, <= 2 attributes, etc.? If yes, are the numbers public
> somewhere?

I have done a study of several billion documents to obtain this
information for you. You can find the results here:

   http://html5.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/data/misc.txt

I took the opportunity to do some studies of tokens and insertion mode
invocations at the same time, which you can find in the same directory:

   http://html5.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/data/

Please let me know if you make use of this information.