[Imps] HTML5 serializer for Kid

Thomas Broyer t.broyer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 06:05:16 PDT 2007

2007/3/24, Henri Sivonen:
> On Mar 24, 2007, at 02:13, Thomas Broyer wrote:
>
> > I thought it could interest some people here, so I'm writing this to
> > announce that I have an HTML5 serializer for Kid
> > <http://www.kid-templating.org>, using the "innerHTML in HTML
> > documents" serialization algorithm.
>
> Cool! This is excellent news.
>
> Can it also be used as an ElementTree to HTML5 serializer outside Kid?

I don't think so, it's really Kid-specific (derived from
kid.serialization.Serializer, and input is a kid.parser.ElementStream,
not an ElementTree).

But the serialization algorithm is so simple that it should be easy to
add an ElementTree-dedicated HTML5 serializer (ElementTree.write() is
only 50 lines, and it has to deal with namespaces)

--
Thomas Broyer