[imps] HTML5 parser test location

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Sat Apr 5 08:01:17 PDT 2008

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 15:22:48 +0200, Thomas Broyer <t.broyer at gmail.com>
wrote:
> My main goal with the new tests is to keep them:
>  - independant of any implementation, so that we can keep them in sync
> with the spec, not the software (see the above thread's first message)

I thought about this and agree that this is problematic. Given that the
main code is more stable maybe we could move to a model where it is not
problematic for the trunk code to fail tests that have been reviewed by
several sources. To make a new release we basically need to pass all tests
we currently fail on trunk instead of trying to develop tests and code
side by side.

This would remove the need for the tests to be independent of the
implementation. If people still prefer stability for their implementation
in the html5lib trunk tree they could make a copy of the test suite and
merge that everytime the test suite changes while updating their
implementation.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>