[imps] Extending the tree builder test format to cover test annotations

Andrew Sidwell andy at entai.co.uk
Fri Jul 11 14:27:48 PDT 2008

I've been writing some tree construction tests to get better coverage on
a C HTML5 parser, and since I've been writing them fairly methodically,
I have been annotating each one with what it intends to test.  I've done
this like:

#data
#errors
#comments
This tests that comments in "after after body" are appended to the
Document object.
#document
| <!DOCTYPE html>
|   <head>

So I propose adding a #comments section to tests that should just be
skipped over by tools unless the test fails.

Opinions?  Anything that lets me annotate tests would be helpeful, I'm
not too fussed on syntax.

a.