[imps] Question about body.onload

xuzheng_yahoo xz911jp at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Feb 16 06:25:29 PST 2010

Dear all

Nice to meet you.
My name is Zheng Xu, a new face on this ML.

I have question about when should user agent fire the body.onload event.
Would you like give me some answer or hint?

1. When should body.onload event fired.
I have investigated in HTML5 and find following description in "4.8.7 The video element".
"The user agent finishes fetching the entire media resource"
Is this the definition of body.onload?

Based on the above definition, I think that body.onload should be fired
when whole data be complete fetched from network.
(For example, should be fired before fetched image data is
complete decoded.)
Am I correct?

2. If body.onload is defined as above, why "delay the load event" is defined again?

3. What element may "delay the load event"?
   What (type of) elements may (should) "delay the load event" supposed by HTML5?

Sincerely,